9th Chemistry Guess Paper 2018
Most Important Questions
Questions # 12
- Briefly describe its principle, purpose and procedure.
- Define electroplating.
- What are non-electrolytes, give example?
- How electroplating of tin on steel carried out?
- How electroplating of zinc is carried out?
- In electroplating of chromium, which salt is used as an electrolyte?
- Which solution is used as electrolyte in Nelson’s cell?
- Differentiate between strong and weak electrolytes.
Questions # 13
- Define Galvanic cell.
- What is salt bridge?
- How the half cells of galvanic cell are connected?
- What is the difference between anode and cathode?
- What happens to cathode in the galvanic cell?
- What is the function of salt bridge?
- Write two differences between electrolytic and galvanic cell.
Questions # 14
- What do you mean by groups and periods in the periodic table?
- What do you mean by periodic function?
- What are the Defects in Long Form of Periodic Table?
- Define electron affinity.
- Explain the trend of electron affinity in periodic table.
- Describe its trend in periodic table.
- What do you mean by shielding effect?
- Discuss the important features of modern periodic table.
- Explain its trends in periodic table.
- Describe its trend in the periodic table.
- What is the difference between Mendeleev’s periodic law and modern periodic law?
- What are Halogens? Describe the position of halogen in periodic table?
Questions # 15
- Explain the term oxidation on the basis, of electrons concept with an example.
- Define valiancy.
- Describe oxidation and reduction in term of loss or gain of electron.
- What is the oxidation number Carbon in Na2CO3?
- Calculate oxidation number of nitrogen in HNO3.
- What is reduction?
- Explain with an example. Describe the rules for assigning the oxidation state.
- Oxidation and reduction proceed simultaneously.
- What is difference between valiancy and oxidation state?
- Explain the term oxidation on the basis of electronic concept with an example.
Questions # 16
- Write down general electronic configuration of carbon family.
- Write down the electronic configuration of chloride ion.
- Write down the electronic configuration of Na.
- Write down electronic configuration of chlorine.
- Write down the electronic configuration of Be and Ne.
Questions # 17
- What is the maximum capacity of a shell?
- Differentiate between shell and subshell.
Questions # 18
- A solution contains 50 g of sugar dissolved in 450 g of water.
- What is the unit of concentration?
- What is concentration of this solution?
Questions # 19
- What is meant by carbon dating?
- What is mole? Calculate the number of moles In 84 gram carbon.
Note: Great assistance in the formation of the humanitarian side of education in the student is his involvement in the social and cultural activities of the university, has a huge impact on the development of human leadership abilities. Through participation in student cultural events (roundtables, debates, discussions), one can develop a whole range of specific skills from a young person, expand his vocabulary, and teach him to fearlessly express his opinion. It is in such situations that the young people are laid and formed an active life position, the character of a self-confident person develops, which, naturally, leads to the loss and neutralization of street nihilism and infantilism. The current reform of the higher school conducted by the state, its transition to a multi-level education system, significantly reduces the time required to train qualified specialists for the society. In our opinion, these actions should in no case lead to an even greater reduction in the humanitarian component of the preparation of a university student. Then the very quality of the knowledge that is being received will be questioned, which contradicts both the fundamentals of state policy and the entire Bologna process aimed at creating a pan-European education system.