What Conditions are Necessary for Seeds to Germinate
Necessary Conditions for Seeds to Germinate
Seeds need sufficient food for germination, which they get from cotyledons. Following environmental conditions are necessary for seed germination:
Moisture or Water:
- i) Seed absorb water and swell up, which cause seed coat to burst. This help the root to emerge out.
- ii) Water also help the enzymes to activate themselves to digest the food of seed.
iii) Water also helps to elongate hypocotyle and epicotyle to grow out.
- i) Germinating seed need a lot of energy for growth.
- ii) Air is very important for germination as it contains about 21% of oxygen.
- i) Germination occur in temperature range of 5-30°C. However best temperature range is 25-30°C.
- ii) This range of temperature of very necessary for the enzymes to function.
Note: At the end of the half-year or in its middle (depending on the university), extramural students come to the institute for a session. Plus distance learning is that the student gets almost complete freedom of action. He can stay at home for a month at work or, for example, get a job to pay for his studies. In most Russian universities it is more than two times cheaper than full-time education. By correspondence, usually those who do not want to spend time attending lectures and university study . As a rule, these are people who have a permanent job, who are retraining or are receiving additional education. If a student is officially employed, he is given a certificate stating that during the session he has the right not to come to work. In some universities, the correspondence form is a way to avoid expulsion from the university, since the requirements for students are much lower than on full-time education. Students with a disastrous failure usually offer a transfer to the correspondence department with preservation of the specialty and results of the passed disciplines. The first session for part-time students is for familiarization. On it you can get the minimum material necessary for passing the exams, the timetable is covered, the first lectures and practical classes are conducted.