What are the Characteristics of Gymnosperms
Characteristics of Gymnosperms
- i) Gymnosperms are naked seeded vascular plants.
- ii) Nearly all gymnosperms are evergreen woody trees.
iii) Vessels are absent from the wood of most gymnosperms, so their wood is called soft wood.
- iv) They are divided into four groups. The largest and important is conifers.
- v) They are called conifers because they produce woody cones.
- vi) Some important conifers are Pinus, Abies, Cederus and Junipers etc.
Note: Among the advantages of using digital information technologies in education are: wide access to the information database; creation of combined and full-fledged lessons; increase the level of motivation of students; the possibility of presenting the material in a graphic, dynamic and experimental form, which is practically impossible with the use of a school board and chalk; the possibility of sharing experiences with other local school institutions or foreign universities; the possibility of simultaneous testing of students’ knowledge and the degree of mastering the material; simultaneous impact on the auditory and visual receptors, which contributes to more efficient storage of information. Currently, the teacher, regardless of the field of his professional activity, can develop a program of teaching lectures and lessons, taking into account the use of information and communication resources, as well as multimedia technologies.